There’s nothing better than lacing up your skates and hitting the rink for the afternoon. But it’s easy to forget that you’re not the only one having fun. Next time you hit the rink at Fun Spot, remember these skating etiquette tips to guarantee a great time for all.
8 Tips for Roller-Skating Etiquette
- Stick to your lane. Beginner skaters like to hug the wall for support. If you’re surer on your skates, veer toward the middle to give newbie skaters plenty of room.
- Go with the flow. Never skate against the flow of traffic. That’s just asking for trouble!
- Hit the brakes. If you’re skating so fast that you lose control, you could seriously injure another skater. Always make sure you can stop quickly if you needed to.
- Break up with your friends. Skating with friends is all fun and games until somebody gets hurt. Skating buddies are a great way to enjoy the rink, but skating with four people side-by-side is a recipe for disaster. Keep your groups to two sets of two. You can always meet up at the concession stand.
- Keep your arms and legs safely inside your bubble. Nobody wants to get clipped by a stray elbow while they’re having fun with their family.
- On your left! When passing close by another skater, always call out a warning.
- Listen up. The DJ may have instructions you need to hear.
- Pay attention. Just because you’re following the rules of the rink doesn’t mean everyone else is. Watch other skaters for sudden movements or changes in speed.
Now that the rules are out of the way, it’s time to play! Visit Fun Spot for Belleville family fun like the Mother/Son Star Wars Skate, Cosmic Skate, or weekly family skate events.