The leaves are changing, the air is getting colder, and holiday events are popping up at Fun Spot. Christmas will be here before you know it. But before Christmas comes holiday sales, like the annual Fun Spot skate sale. If your child loves roller-skating, there’s no better gift than a pair of skates. After all, skating is fun, it encourages kids to stay active, and it makes a great family play day. But what if your child already owns roller-skates?
Signs It’s Time to Replace Your Skates
- They’re too small. We know you want to squeeze a few more months out of those skates, but it’s not worth the pinched toes. Take advantage of our holiday skate sale and buy your kid a pair of skates that fits.
- They’re old or deformed. You can replace individual parts like wheels or toe stops, but if the boots are starting to crack, the skate rubs or slips, or the footpad has an odor that just won’t go away, it’s time for a new pair.
If your kid’s skates still have some life in them, there are plenty of other fun gifts to be found at Fun Spot. Here are a few Christmas skate gear ideas:
- Pop a wheelie. We have hard and soft wheels (for speed skating and tricks), colorful wheels, sparkly wheels, and even glow wheels. Wheels make great gifts and stocking stuffers for kids who love to skate.
- Take your child’s skates to the next level with new bearings. Skate bearings affect your child’s speed and maneuverability.
- Replace the laces with something fun or colorful.
- Buy bright socks and help your skater make a statement.
- Invest in some quality rink time with Skate Passes for your child’s Christmas stocking.
Looking for holiday family events in Belleville? Call Fun Spot to learn more about our upcoming events.